Being pale means always being envious of girls with effortlessly tanned skin. It also means restricting yourself to not wearing too much black for fear of looking like a ghost and scaring people. If you’re reading this you probably know the struggle. It’s the same for makeup, particularly dark lipstick – why wear it when it washes you out even more? The only answer is because you want to. Personally, I just try to stick to some of the following rules, if you’re fair-skinned I hope these will also help you with vampy lipstick and even if you aren’t – rock it your way.
Pale Girl 101:
- Don’t restrict yourself to those light pinks. Wear that black, plum or red – do what you like, if you feel comfortable in the colour, it will show.
- Style it out by wearing slightly more blush than usual – it’ll help with the dead and washed out look.
- If you automatically look like you are going for a gothic look, make sure you don’t over do the eye shadow.
- Speaking of eye shadow, try some warm tones.
- Make that brow bold! You need to balance the lips somehow.
- Bronzer is a saving grace – put the lip on first to see how much of it you need to pack on.
- Get that glow – highlight for healthy, dewy skin.
- Try grey based blacks – your teeth will look super white.
Makeup Forever Ultra HD Stick – R230
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – 15 Fair
Hourglass Ambient Light Bronzer – Luminous Bronze
Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Pearl
Eyes & Brows
NYX Micro Brow Pencil – Ash Brown
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – Trooper
Makeup Geek – Bitten, Cocoa Bear
Cala Lashes – Natural Beauty
Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense – 50
Remember that makeup is meant to be fun and it washes off at the end of the day. Whatever you choose to wear, wear it with confidence!